Sunday, January 31, 2010

WIP Focus: Very Hungry Caterpillar Quilt

As much as I love my Connor's Cars quilt  (which is now basted - yahoo!), I thought the blog could do with something new.


As a Mom of a toddler, I know and love The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I've read it approximately 1,000,000 times to my little one. So when I saw the quilt featured in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine, I was thrilled. I was even more thrilled to see that there was a kit!

The top went together very quickly - it's really just a center panel and three borders. I pieced a backing for it, and it just sat. And sat. It's been an embarrassing number of months that it's stayed that way and I think it's because a) I'm not sure now that this is the first non-baby quilt I want to make for my daughter, and b) I detest basting.

The answer to a) may be to give it to someone else - for example, G's best friend Z whose birthday is coming up in March. The answer to b) is that I just have to suck it up.

1 comment:

  1. I have that fabric in my stash! It is loitering. For little quilts like this you could try fusible batting - eliminates the need for batting!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!