Thursday, February 25, 2010

Connor's Cars - another finish for 2010!

Hooray! Another 2010 finish! I'm so excited to be ahead of my one project per month goal.

Here it is, photographed on the back deck of the cabin we were staying at during our Olympic getaway to Ucluelet, a lovely town on the west coast of BC's Vancouver Island
this week. The backing is made from the scraps from the front (obv.), and it's bound in the cars/trucks fabric.

 

I used some really nice Aurifil thread in a yellow/orange/orangey-red variegated colourway that I had on hand. I had hoped to do the quilting a little more randomly but I see now that the spaces look pretty much even. I fretted over quilting this one for a long time, and I'm still not sure I *love* it but I certainly don't hate it. Yay?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love it! I think you did an awesome job. It is one adorable quilt! So glad you shared. And hopefully had fun. :)

    Enjoy the rest of the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!