Monday, June 14, 2010

Modify Tradition Swap Mini Quilt

Hooray! Even though this project sidelined me from other finishes, it was a LOT of fun and I would most definitely do it again. I say that even before receiving my quilt in the Modify Tradition Mini Quilt Swap.
MT Swap Quilt
Front

MT Swap Quilt - back
Back (which I still might like better than the front!)

 
MT Swap Quilt - detail
Quilting detail

The fabric is Anna Maria Horner Good Folks Bohemian - two charm packs that I'd been hoarding saving for the perfect project. The background is a Kona Cotton but I don't know which one (bad quilter, bad!). I was certain the snowballs were going to be made with white or off-white, so no one was more surprised that I when the yellow jumped up and said, "Me! Me!" The binding fabric, I picked up at my guild's Garage Sale because I love polka dots and it was another surprise fit. Not sure what it is, though - maybe Michael Miller?

As for the quilting, the snowballs have a flowery motif (done in a cream thread - Aurifil), and the rest is meandered/stippled with a variegated thread by Signature. The star points got very small stipples and the rest, a bigger stipple. Left the star centres unquilted and they pop up nicely as a result.

It measures 22.5" x 22.5" and I love it. I hope my partner does, too!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful! Congrats on your finish; I'm sure your partner will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Am I your partner?? LOL

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's miiiiiiiine.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I've just found your blog. This is an amazing mini-quilt - so much work on the quilt top. I think I might agree with you - I just love the quilt back (but then I have a bit of a 'thing' for less intricate quilts).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really fun quilt. Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!