Sunday, August 15, 2010

Getting Back To It

Well hello there! Miss me? I missed posting - more than I thought I would. I think it's because no posting usually means no sewing. Which makes me a sad little panda.

Except when no sewing happens because you're on holidays at a gorgeous lake with wonderful friends. Then, well, it's manageable. Barely.

It's been quite hot here again so I've been avoiding anything that requires an iron. Which rules out a lot, obviously.

I was able to get this little block done for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Block Challenge.

We were given the sock monkey charm and a strip of solid white, and we were supposed to frame Sockie in white then do whatever we wanted (with strips) to bring the block to 12.5". I definitely need help improvising. I kind of suck at it. I used mostly strips left over/hanging around from my Sampler project (still behind on that one), and that numbers stuff on the far right is from some older Funky Monkey fabric. Cute!

Yesterday I spent my 20 minutes quilting and got this little guy done. Today I bound it and now it's done. Hooray! I love a finish, no matter how small (18.5"x19.5")...Click to see it bigger.
Very Hungry Caterpillar Mini

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your eric carle quilty!!! I don't think I can make the meeting and see all of your wonderful blocks - I think you did a great job on it, but I agree, improvising is way harder than it looks!!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!