Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nametag

I suggested Nametags be the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild challenge for January, and this is my contribution:
My nametag for VMQG

I embroidered my name on some American Jane rulers fabric, then cut out the rectangle to fit an old magnetic nametag I had from work. OF COURSE I trimmed the fabric a wee bit too small, so the stitch I used to close it all up is...not beautiful. And I cut one side before measuring how long the insert actually was, so to make it long enough, the nametag ended up with my name off-centre. Enter rickrack! Glued on with Elmer's School glue because I'd already sewn up the "envelope" to slide the nametag in. Ugh. This is what happens when you leave things to the last minute.

Still, though, I think it turned out well. I definitely need a new camera - I could NOT for the life of me get a close-up that wasn't blurry, even using my little tripod and what I think passes for a Macro setting.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! One of my favorite parts is the rick rack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. We were assigned to make these for our Modern Quilt Guild about a year ago. I'm still thinking of design ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - the story behind making the name tag is funny - the finished product is beautiful - I loved it and went home to try that kind of stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice... I love the nametag, story and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute, Felicity! Thanks for challenging us to make nametags, it was fun to see what everyone came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's adorable! I love the ruler fabric and the ric rac! =)

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!