Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finally! I Finished Something!

Ta daaaaaaa! The HST placemats, formerly known as the Fresh Air Quilt before I realized the fabrics wouldn't work for my niece.

There are actually 4 of them but only two layouts so I'm just showing you the two. Plus, one's been washed and it doesn't look like the others so it was uninvited from the photoshoot. Tough beans, shrunken placemat! We've got standards around here at Felicity Quilts!!
placemat diagonal setplacemat diamond set

I used two different layouts (and quilting) for each pair of placemats - I love that they're similar but different.

This shows the back and some of the quilting on the diagonally-set placemat.

fronts and back

This is how I quilted the diamond-set placemats.
quilting closeup

In action!
placemats in action

Gratuitous macro with some lovely blur just for Cindy!
placemat macro

Linking up to Sew Modern Monday for the first time. Yay!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

And before I forget yet again, I want to say THANK YOU to Ann Marie, who nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. She commented that I loved colour and I really, really do - I think these placemats maybe show just how much?

14 comments:

  1. What lovely placemats. Who would think to make use of hsts that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, they're lovely and so bright! It always feels great to finish something! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placemats are fabulous! Great job! Love the fabrics and colors and everything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fabric is so lush and warm. I love it! These placements will really cozy up a kitchen and make it more inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job! So very creative how you turned a quilt idea into place mats and avoided a UFO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some HSTs! These look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and wonderful points :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful placemats! What a fun project!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are so wonderful! I love how you used the wavy quilting, it is just perfect. :) Great finish! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love the placemats...I think the 2 different layouts are really amazing, especially the one on the left. And the stars looks really really cool! I like seeing how they're all set out on the table. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! You have made most wonderful placemats! I love the colours and also the triangles! Lovely quilting that 'wave'!
    Sunny wishes from Crete!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're gorgeous! :) Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!